Police are warning you about the release of an inmate they say is a high risk to commit another sexual offence against someone under the age of 16.
Curtis Poburan, who will be living in the Edmonton area, has been placed on a series of court ordered conditions including:
– You shall refrain from engaging in or attempting to engage in any activity with any person under the age of 16.
– Must not possess any child pornography.
– Must not be within 50 meters around places where children under the age of 16 are reasonably expected to be present, i.e. school ground, daycare centres, public parks, public swimming pools, recreational centres or community centres.
– Must not enter any residence of any child under the age of 16 years, unless in the immediate presence of an adult guardian or parent of such child.
– Must not seek or maintain any employment or becoming a volunteer in a capacity that involves being in a position of trust or authority toward any person under the age of 16.
– Must not be in possession of any firearms, including replica firearms and pellet guns.
Anyone with any information about any potential breaches of these conditions by Poburan can contact the EPS at 780-423-4567.
The court heard Poburan would attempt to lure boys to a secluded area with the promise of shooting guns, then try to have sex with them.