An Edmonton man is facing 15 sexual assault related charges after an eight month investigation by the Edmonton Police Service (EPS).
In a release Thursday, police said three adult females and six females under the age of 16 reported being sexually assaulted between August 2016 and March 2017.
The reported assaults took place primarily in northeast Edmonton and all happened while the complainants were waiting for a bus, or walking down the street.
The following incidents were reported to police:
• March 15, 2017 at 9 a.m. in the area of 131 Street and 112 Avenue.
• February 28, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. in the area of 48 Street and Matheson Way.
• February 13, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. in the area of 59 Street and 118 Avenue.
• December 2, 2016 at 9:15 a.m. in the area of 50 Street and 118 Avenue.
• December 2, 2016 at 9:10 a.m. in the area of 64 Street and 118 Avenue.
• November 8, 2016 at 6 p.m. in the area of 25 Street and 146 Avenue.
• November 8, 2016 at 8:10 a.m. in the area of 55 Street and 1118 Avenue.
• October 14, 2016 at 9:44 a.m. in the area of 47 Street and 121 Avenue.
• August 10, 2016 at 1:50 p.m. in the area of 97 Street and 75 Avenue.
Police were able to identify a suspicious vehicle and arrested a suspect.
Rodrigo Castro, 34, was arrested March 30 and charged with nine counts of sexual assault and six counts of sexual interference.
Police believe there may be more victims.
“The occurrences over this time span indicate there may be more complainants,” acting staff Sgt. Pat Bruni with the Criminal Investigations Section at Northeast Division said. “Anyone with information is asked to come forward to police.”
A report can be filed with the EPS at 780-423-4567 or #377 from a mobile phone. Anonymous information can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or online.